Using laser therapy to manage lymphoedema
- Sharon Tilley I B.Ap.Sc (Physiotherapy)
- 29 October, 1:04 hr
[Audio only available]
Sharon Tilley B.Ap.Sc (Physiotherapy). Practice Principal at Lymphoedema and Laser Clinic, Committee Member Australian Medical Photobiomodulation Association. Sharon is a Principal Physiotherapist at the Lymphoedema and Laser Therapy clinic in Adelaide, South Australia. Together with Flinders University this clinic undertook inaugural research investigating the effects of low-level laser on breast cancer related lymphoedema in 1995.
- How laser works including physiological changes that occur when using laser.
- General musculoskeletal applications including both acute and chronic pathologies.
- What is lymphoedema and why laser works so well for treating lymphoedema.
- Short series of case examples about how to use laser for lymphoedema.